What is Healthy Families?
Healthy Families is a nationally recognized home visiting program. The program supports teen parents and parents expecting their first baby until their child is five years old. Families participate voluntarily in the free program and receive home visits from professionally trained staff. Healthy Families provides expectant and new parents with the education and support they need! Healthy Families Southern Maryland is nationally accredited by Healthy Families America.
EACH WEEK – a professionally trained family support worker will visit you in your home to:
- Provide information about pregnancy and childbirth
- Share information about community resources and services
- Help you recognize and respond to your baby’s changing needs
- Show you how to make your home “baby safe”
- Inform you on what to expect as your baby grows
- Educate you about your baby’s developmental stages to ensure he or she enters school ready to learn
- Offer support and encouragement throughout this new experience
- Discuss ways to keep both parents involved in your baby’s well being
Who is invited to participate?
- Teen parents that live in Charles and St. Mary’s Counties
- First time expectant and new parents that live in Charles and St. Mary’s Counties
- First time parents with a newborn less than three months old
How do I participate in Healthy Families?
- Call: 301-392-9332
- Email: email@example.com
- Find out if you meet the criteria to participate in the Healthy Families Parent Survey.
- Schedule a convenient time for our staff to conduct a Parent Survey in the comfort of your home.
- The Parent Survey helps determine if Healthy Families is a good fit for you and your family.
How much does it cost?
Services are provided at no cost to families that qualify.
Please call 301-392-9332 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!