Presenter: Joe Sullivan, PhD of Mentor Forensic Services, Inc.
Presented By: The Center for Children, Inc.
- The course teaches participants to:
Understand the potential applications of behavior analysis in working with offenders who use technology to facilitate offending
- Identify the key issues in ‘image based child sexual exploitation
- Use behavior analysis tools in analyzing evidence in child sexual exploitation cases
- Identify the key risk factors in cases involving indecent images of children
- Understand how women use technology and internet to facilitate the sexual exploitation of children
- Recognize ‘chat based child exploitation and online grooming behaviors
- There is no prerequisite for this course. This training is reserved for professionals who work in this arena (law enforcement, probation, social workers). We reserve the right to deny participation to any registrant who does not meet that criteria. This training is supported with funds from the Maryland Governor’s Office for Crime Control and Prevention.
WHEN: May 3—4
WHERE: Maryland Judicial College and Education Center
2011D Commerce Park Drive Annapolis, MD 21401 — Class size limited to 40 registrants.
TUITION: In State $150 Out of State $200
For payment by credit card, please do so online here: https://justlookingcourse.eventbrite.com
For payment by Check or PO, please mail to: Center for Children, Inc. ATTN: Sarah Ortiz PO Box 2924 La Plata, MD 20646
If registering for BOTH Advanced Sex Offender Specialist Interview Course 4/30-5/2 and Just Looking?: Evaluating Risk in Online Behavior Course 5/3-5/4, please use discount code TWOCOURSES to receive $25.00 off each registration.
The recommended hotel is Westin Annapolis at 100 Westgate Circle Annapolis, MD 21401. Please book online here: http://bit.ly/hoteladvancedcourse or book by calling 1-888-627-8994 and mentioning Advanced Interview Training group for a GSA room rate of $106 plus taxes April 28-30 and GSA room rate of $130 May 1-5.
Any questions regarding registration or the training session can be directed to Cathy Meyers at Meyers@center-for-children.org or 301-609-9887 ext.126.
Dr. Sullivan is a Registered Forensic Psychologist (Health Professions Council) . He holds a PhD in Forensic Psychology, a Masters Degree in Criminology, a Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychology, a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Applied Social Sciences and a Certificate of Qualification in Social Work. Dr. Sullivan is an honorary lecturer in Forensic Psychology at the University of Birmingham, UK. For the past 20 years, Dr. Sullivan has worked with police officers, social workers, probation officers, faith groups and educationalists to provide insights into the motivations, thoughts and behaviors of child sex offenders. Dr Sullivan has worked extensively in law enforcement since 1996, assisting UK and European police forces with investigations into the sexually motivated abduction, murder and assault of children.
Cancellations: If you register for the course and cannot attend, you must notify of your cancellation via email. The deadline to cancel is April 15, 2018. You can substitute another attendee in place of your registration, but there will be no refunds after that date. Prior to April 15, 2018, refunds minus a $25 fee will be provided.