Developed by the Texas Department of Public Safety, Interdiction for the Protection of Children Training is designed to make patrol officers aware of the variety of resources available to assist them in establishing the status of a child who may be missing, exploited, or at risk of exploitation and what courses of action are immediately available.
DATE & TIME: March 12-13 from 8am to 5pm each day
OPEN TO: Maryland Law Enforcement Personnel
COST: FREE – Registration required.
MPTC TRAINING CREDITS WILL BE AWARDED UPON COMPLETION.
Upon completion, attendees will:
- Be able to establish the status of a child who may be abducted or endangered.
- Know resources available to them and courses of action to take when encountering an endangered child.
- Be able to identify research supported indicators of an endangered child and a high risk threat to children.
- Know the type of questions that need to be asked for a victim centered approach.
- Have a basic understanding of behavioral patterns of both suspects and victims.