This comprehensive specialist interviewing course has been specifically designed using videos and in depth case studies to enhance the skills and knowledge of professionals who interview sex offenders of children in the course of law enforcement investigations, child protection evaluations and risk assessment and/or management of sexual offenders. For the first time, professionals working in these challenging environments can undertake a program of study that will introduce participants to a tried and tested methodology for developing, preparing and implementing effective interview strategies with perpetrators of child sexual abuse in both online and offline environments.
- Dates: January 29—February 2
- Times: Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:30pm and Friday 8:00am-2:30pm
- Location: The Westin Annapolis 100 Westgate Circle Annapolis, MD 21401— Class size limited to 50 registrants.
- Tuition: $915
For payment by credit card, please do so online here: https://sexoffenderspecialistinterview.eventbrite.com
For payment by Check or PO, please mail to: Center for Children, Inc. ATTN: Sarah Ortiz PO Box 2924 La Plata, MD 20646
- Thanks to a sponsor, attendees can register to attend a free social event with dinner and music with Dr. Sullivan on Thursday evening. Please register to attend on registration form.
- The recommended hotel is Westin Annapolis at 100 Westgate Circle Annapolis, MD 21401. Please book online here: http://bit.ly/bookhotelinterviewcourse or book by calling 1-888-627-8994 and mentioning Interviewing Specialist Training group for a room rate of $106 plus taxes (gsa rate).
- Any questions regarding registration or the training session can be directed to Sarah Ortiz at Ortiz@center-for-children.org or 301-609-9887 ext. 134.
***This training is reserved for professionals who work in this arena (law enforcement, probation, social workers). We reserve the right to deny participation to any registrant who does not meet that criteria.***
Presenter: Joe Sullivan, PhD of Mentor Forensic Services, Inc.
Dr. Sullivan is a Registered Forensic Psychologist (Health Professions Council) . He holds a PhD in Forensic Psychology, a Masters Degree in Criminology, a Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychology, a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Applied Social Sciences and a Certificate of Qualification in Social Work. Dr. Sullivan is an honorary lecturer in Forensic Psychology at the University of Birmingham, UK. For the past 20 years, Dr. Sullivan has worked with police officers, social workers, probation officers, faith groups and educationalists to provide insights into the motivations, thoughts and behaviors of child sex offenders. Dr Sullivan has worked extensively in law enforcement since 1996, assisting UK and European police forces with investigations into the sexually motivated abduction, murder and assault of children.