Few things in life are as wonderful and as overwhelming as having a baby-especially if it’s your first time. The good news is you’re not alone. Some very special people in Charles and St. Mary’s Counties think the world of you and your baby and want to see your new family grow and succeed. Healthy Families provides services FREE of charge to teen and first time parents who are residents of Charles and St. Mary’s Counties and are either pregnant or have delivered with in the last 3 months.
EACH WEEK – A trained family support worker will visit you in your home to:
- Provide information about pregnancy and childbirth
- Share information about community resources and services
- Help you recognize and respond to your baby’s changing needs
- Show you how to make your home “baby safe”
- Inform you on what to expect as your baby grows
- Educate you about your baby’s developmental stages to ensure he or she enters school ready to learn
- Offer support and encouragement throughout this new experience
- Discuss ways to keep both parents involved in your baby’s well being
Healthy Families Southern Maryland is a member of the Healthy Families Maryland Program Network. A Healthy Families program can also be found in the following Maryland jurisdictions:
DRU/Mondawmin (Baltimore City), Baltimore County, Calvert County, Dorchester County, Frederick County, Garrett County, Howard County, Lower Shore (Somerset/Worcester), Prince George’s, Montgomery, Queen Anne’s/Talbot Counties, Washington County and Wicomico County.