Interdiction For The Protection of Children presented by the Texas Department of Public Safety – A FREE two-day training course
- WHEN: June 19-20, 2017 (8a-5p each day)
- WHERE: Maryland Department of Transportation
7201 Corporate Center Drive Hanover, Maryland 21076
- OPEN TO: Maryland Law Enforcement Personnel
- Register online at https://interdictionfortheprotectionofchildren.eventbrite.com
Interdiction For The Protection of Children is designed to make patrol officers aware of the variety of resources available to assist them in establishing the status of a child who may be missing, exploited, or at risk of exploitation and what courses of action are immediately available.
Upon completion, attendees will:
- Be able to establish the status of a child who may be abducted or endangered
- Know resources available to them and courses of action to take when encountering an endangered child.
- Be able to identify research supported indicators of an endangered child and a high risk threat to children.
- Know the type of questions that need to be asked for a victim centered approach.
- Have a basic understanding of behavioral patterns of both suspects and victims